The Lower Sacramento river is FUN! It comes out of Shasta Lake, into Keswick Lake, out of Keswick Dam and then travels down the state of California into the Sacramento Area. We fish the "top section" which is usually from Anderson, CA up to Redding, CA. It all depends on the time of year but you can expect to have an amazing float with plenty of fish to be had. One of the best rivers to catch football sized wild rainbow trout in the lower 48! This place is a trout factory. These fish pull hard. There are many who say that these trout pull as hard, if not harder, than Alaskan rainbows. It is not uncommon to catch plenty of 18"+ fish in a day.
There is also times of the year where we can chase steelhead on the fly on this river! Usually around the September time frame.
This is an ALL YEAR ROUND fishery with some months performing better than other months. As long as you are on the Lower Sacramento River, you have a chance to battle a radical bow that will be as wild as the scenery.
We have local discounts with some of the hotels in the area so please reach out to us if you need help on finding a place to stay.
- A full day is usually 7-8 hours. This trip includes lunch, drinks, flies, fly rods, and reels.
- A half day is usually 4-5 hours. Half days do not include lunch but do include drinks, flies, fly rods, and reels. It is suggested that you bring snacks during a half day trip.
- View the calendar here for dates that are available for booking.
- Please specify the desired dates of your trip in the notes during checkout OR contact Taco Fly Co. at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 408-838-6047 after the line item is paid for to schedule a day.
- A confirmation email with the trip details will be sent once a date is selected. If no date is selected, Taco Fly Co. will reach out to you to confirm a date for booking.
- This is not redeemable for articles of clothing or accessories
- Can be changed to the Trinity River
- No discounts can be applied to this purchase
- Refundable 30 days before a selected date